Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply after the deadline?
- Yes, you can. However, your visa status and country of origin may influence the date of your arrival into Hungary. Please read into the details.
How can I apply to university after the Preparatory Year?
- We will provide pre-application advice, review your application materials, submit and complete your application. Feel free to ask us at Admissions in Damjanich Campus.
How can I get my student card?
- First you need to register for a NEK number in the Okmányiroda in Kossuth tér 1-3. or in Szántó Kovács János utca 1. (please take your passport or residence permit & your address card along). With this document please come to Damjanich Campus and we will explain the next steps.
What should I wear if I have an exam?
- For written exams you wear smart casual, clean dress of your choice.
- For an interview you are expected to wear official clothes: for men - preferably a suit, or a white shirt & black trousers (not jeans); for ladies - white blouse & black or dark blue skirt / trousers.
Where is the nearest copy-shop?
- Downhill, at the end of Radnics utca.
How can I exchange currency?
- You can find exchange offices in Árkád and in Rákóczi út.
How can I book an appointment to a doctor?
- You can book an apppointment to the surgery at Nyár utca 8. here by using your Neptun username & password on the blue ’PTE ID LOGIN’ box.
I feel lonely & miss my family. Who can I turn to?
- Please come to the Student Welfare Office at Damjanich Campus to find a personal solution for you.
Can I change dormitories?
- Let us discuss it personally at the Student Welfare Office.
I have lost my residence permit.
- Please contact Immigration Office at Pécs, Csend utca 3. Call: +36 72 518 720
I do not understand this email…
- Don’t worry, just come and ask us at Damjanich Campus.
My package has not been delivered yet.
- If you know the tracking number for your parcel, you can check it out here.
Could someone help me to fill this form?
- If you bring the necessary documents, we can fill the form together at the Student Welfare Office in Damjanich Campus.
What is a National Holiday in Hungary?
- There is no school, shops are closed. If this day-off is Tuesday or Thursday, the weekend is also free for you.